Shopping Trip   |   April 11, 2013

Tuesday Carlie and I went with ladies from church on a shopping trip to a huge shopping outlet mall in Alabama. We left the church at 8:00 AM and road the church bus together out to Alabama. God bless Bro. Jackson for taking a bus load of women on an hour road trip, waiting around all day while we shopped, and then returning us all safely back home in the evening. Carlie was very good all day and was happy to just ride around in my baby pack. I’m so sorry I don’t have any pictures. I really wanted to have many of the day but I couldn’t find my camera until we were back home. I’m not much of a shopper and Carlie and I were pretty much done shopping by noon but we walked all afternoon while the rest of the ladies shopped. We just looked at stores and talked with ladies who wanted to see the baby. Three little elderly ladies where sitting on a bench talking when Carlie and I walked by they said, “Oh, you have to bring the baby over here for us.” I walked over with Carlie and after they had asked about how old she was, and touched her chubby cheeks and felt her little toes, one of them said, “I have seen a lot of babies in my life but I honestly think that is the cutest baby I have ever seen.” I can see I will have to take drastic measures if Carlie isn’t going to end up very vain.
Tuesday night was not easy for Carlie. She sounded like she was horse. When she cried she sounded like a little lamb bleating. I was afraid she was getting sick since there is so much sickness going around here right now. But she has not had any more symptoms. She didn’t hardly sleep at all through that night. She would rest nicely in my arms but when I stopped singing to her and would try to lay her in her crib she would cry and cry. I was so tired from lack of sleep from the night before and from carrying her all day while shopping. I tried holding her as long as I could but finally I started falling asleep on my feet and was afraid I would drop her on the floor and laid her in her crib. She was not happy but I talked to her and held her hand until 3:30 when I couldn’t stay awake any longer and had to go get John. I went in and told him, “John, I’m at my whit’s end. I’m so sorry but you need to go talk with Carlie because I’m all finished.” He was so sweet and told me to sleep and took care of her until when he had to leave for work. I don’t know what he told her but I didn’t hear her crying after he took over for me.
The weather here is just about perfect right now and the whole world is so bright green and fresh. The days are about 80 degrees and the humidity isn’t that high yet. I wish it would stay like this all summer long. Our garden is still doing well and our orange tree, that we thought we had lost to a late frost, is recovering and has long new green shoots.
Wednesday we just spent the day resting and getting some house work caught up on. We had a much better night last night with Carlie only waking up at 2:30 and she’s sleeping again now. I think I’m not consistent enough with her and that’s why she has such rough nights some times.