A New Year   |   January 10, 2014
DSCF9626.jpg
 Opening more Christmas cards.
DSCF9627.jpg

I really enjoy Christmas cards and really think they are my favorite thing about Christmas. Especially now that everyone is so far away and I love to hear from so many people I miss so much but can’t keep in touch with often. Carlie was excited to open Uncle Jay and Aunt Roseanna’s Card.

DSCF9628.jpg
 So Daddy let her open it.
DSCF9631.jpg
 A special little card for Carlie Jane herself.
DSCF9633.jpg
 Yay! Build A Bear!
DSCF9634.jpg
 Can you see all the help I had taking down the Christmas decorations?
DSCF9638.jpg
 Carlie loves to see what is cooking in the oven.
DSCF9642.jpg
 A cool evening grocery shopping trip.
I love the new coat Leah sent her for Christmas. It makes her look so big to me.
DSCF9643.jpg
 New mittens made by Auntie Rachel!
DSCF9645.jpg
 They don’t clap very well.
DSCF9646.jpg

DSCF9648.jpg
 Did I mention we have been trying fabric diapers?
This is about half of them.
They work pretty good but sometimes have a little trouble with making them
last through the night.
DSCF9649.jpg

6 thoughts on “A New Year”

1. Leah says:

Awww, so glad you like the coat and that it fits her! I loved it when I found it awhile ago so just had to guess at what size she would need at Christmas:-)

2. Vicki says:

I think getting Christmas cards is one of my favorite parts of Christmas as well. I love hearing from all those people that I'm not able to communicate with everyday. It's really special!! Your baby girl is growing so fast! It's hard to believe she is almost a year old! I love reading your updates and check it daily(OK…several times a day) to see if there is a new one!

3. Vicki says:

Laura uses those diapers for her kids and she double lines them….not sure if that would help you make it through the night with them or not.

4. johnnfawn says:

Oh, thank you for the hint. They came with two liners for each diaper you mean she uses them both or that she uses three or four?

5. Laura H. says:

Hi Vanessa,
    I just use two liners at night, actually all the time now that Gilbert is bigger. I do find if you don't rinse them really well, the soap builds up and they don't absorb as well. I usually do two rinses on mine. Hope that helps!! I LOVE my cloth diapers. They look so cute on the clothesline too!!

6. johnnfawn says:

Thanks for the hint and I've been told if you use dawn dish soap (just a few tablespoons worth) in your diaper washing it keeps the soap from building up.

Comments are closed.